Davis Math MasteryBasic Outline
The Davis® Math Mastery Program is provided to individuals, age eight and up, who are primarily motivated to resolve difficulties with mathematics.
The program can usually be completed in five days, but in some instances may require additional days. For clients with other learning problems, such as with reading or attention focus, the Davis Math Mastery program may be recommended after first completing a basic five-day Davis Dyslexia Correction Program. An initial consultation and interview would determine the ideal strategy.
Basic Davis® Math Mastery Program Outline
- Davis Perceptual Ability Assessment and Symptoms Profile Interview
- Davis Orientation Counseling®
- Introduction to Davis Symbol Mastery®
- Mastery of basic concepts necessary for learning math
- Davis Math Function Exercises: Twelve exercises which quickly lead to competency with dividing three-place numbers including decimals.
- Symbol Mastery practice on Story Problem Trigger Words: For example the word “by.” The common meaning in everyday language would be “close to.” There are two separate meanings which must be mastered for accurate comprehension in math — for multiplication the meaning would be “using as a multiplier,” and for division the meaning would be “into groups of.”
- Comprehension practice reading story problems, as needed.
- Symbol Mastery on Key glossary words of math text book, if needed.
- Results Assessment Interview
- Support training for teachers, tutors, parents and helpers
- A Student Backpack Kit with a manual and materials necessary for successful follow-up to the program. (Follow up consists of mastering the meanings of 21 “trigger words” which describe math functions.)